Mid Autumn Festival 2020
The CAV challenge this year is:
- To make a lantern using recycled materials
- To work with your parents or grandparents to build your lantern
- Reused or recycled plastic materials as the MAIN MATERIAL (eg. plastic bottles, egg crates, straws, buttons, plastic bags, scrap material etc)
- The lantern size should be AT LEAST 40CM ON ONE SIDE – either length, breadth or height.
- Should weigh less than 3kg
Egg Carton Flower Lamp
|Use of materials||20%|
|Lantern captures the essence of the theme||20%|
- Due Date for submissions is Sunday 8th November by 5pm, and is open to ONLY Victorian students.
- First prize is $150, while first and second runners up will each get $75 in the form of shopping gift cards.
- Results will be provided on 15th November 2020.
- Your submission will be in the form of photos. Please email your Name, Address, the name of your school, your photos and the name of your lantern project to [email protected], Feel free to add a few lines talking about your concept and problems you faced making the lantern.
- Photos must show:
- Starting stage of lantern – plans/drawings or early construction (if any)
- Half way point of construction
- Posing with final result, which must also include a ruler of at least 30cm length, on the side of the lantern.
The Judges Decision is final.